Sunday, February 17, 2008

feb 17, 2008

24hr snow = 0cm
base depth = 244cm
cumulative = 774cm
freezing level = 3200m
days riding = 45

five day forecast
day1 0 day2 0 day3 0 day4 2-5 day5 0-2

tried something a little different today...x country skiing. we went down to check out the pooch loop at the new callaghan valley course. what a blast! i managed to sprain my thumb within the first 30 seconds of putting on the skate skis. i haven't wiped out that hard in 4 years. but we were loving it so much i'm thinking of getting my own equipment.
it's super warm out here now - felt like about +15C in the sun today. the alpine temp is forecast to hit +7 tomorrow. doesn't look like much snow for the foreseeable future, but it's great spring conditions.













what's this about going uphill?









indy loving it













wonky thumb









jayne freakin givin' er










we're not the only ones with snow this winter. this is a pic of the parents' place back in ON.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, I almost ran into you. Lynn was trying to convince me to go out skate skiing with them today. But I wouldn't have been able to tell my dad...